Saturday, July 9, 2011

alive, but not so well

Hello friends. I've been getting questions along the lines of "are you still alive?" lately. Yes, I'm still alive. Just not quite myself. Monday I got hit hard with some kind of nasty bug that resulted in 5 days of fever, chills, general achiness, headache, and sore throat. I've been to the doctor, started antibiotics, and have been drinking lots of water and getting lots of rest. A crazy amount of rest, actually. I'm really not used to this. I'm hardly ever sick, but after spending the better part of a week lying in bed, I'm still exhausted. The fever's gone down a little, but my throat still looks like raw hamburger meat. Hopefully I'll be back on my feet again soon, and can go back to the ward. I feel guilty for missing work, but am very thankful for the friends I've made who force me back into bed time and time again when I've deluded myself into thinking I'm well enough to get up.

But enough about that. Here are some pictures I found on the hospital transfer drive. We aren't allowed to take pictures in the hospital, but we can pull the ones that the official photographers take and share them on our blogs.


This first one is from the 4th of July barbecue we had out on the dock:


This is what happens when we take our patients to surgery. We sit them down on a bench outside the OR, and when the OR nurse and a translator come to fetch them, we all lay our hands on them and pray for the surgery. I love this.



These are 2 of my lovely coworkers, Ruth and Ursina, in D ward where I work.


Please pray for my continued healing, so I can get back to work. I miss the patients.




1 comment:

  1. Like I told you sweetie... Don't feel lazy or guilty about laying around so much. You are sick.(lol) Your a hard worker and your doing a wonderful thing serving God. Keep your head up and if you have to lay around a little longer then do that. I want for you to come home healthy and ok.

    My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. ~Exodus 33:14~

    ReplyDelete