Sunday, December 6, 2009

my muscles won't work

Yesterday I decided to be adventurous. I drove out to Eldora, about an hour from my apartment, and took an all-day snowboarding lesson. Maybe not the wisest move, considering I haven't worked out in about 2 months. I fell about a million times, and I have bruises all over me and can hardly move today. But it was worth it. By the end of the day, I could actually get myself off of the ski lift without eating snow, and had one successful run down the hill without falling once. I came back home afterward, utterly exhausted, and planned on getting into my pajamas and going to bed early. But then a sweet lady I met at church called and invited me to go with her and her family to see Christmas lights at the botanical garden in Denver, so I did. I probably shouldn't have, because I fell asleep as soon as I got into their car. I was too tired to be embarrassed about it. But we had fun, and they didn't laugh at me, at least not to my face. :) Church this morning was wonderful. I've been going to Calvary Bible, which is in Boulder. Despite it having snowed all night and this morning, I made it to both Sunday school and the service. It's so much easier to drive in snow when you have decent tires on your car. I got them replaced a couple of weeks ago. All in all, it's been a great weekend. And now I think I need a nap.

1 comment: