Wednesday, May 27, 2009

so this is what mom feels like...

so, my 20-yr old little brother is living with me this summer while he does film internships here in austin. i love having him here, but i just had a taste of what my mother has gone through for the past 33 years. he's working on a film shoot down in smithville, which is over an hour away, so he gets home pretty late at night. i knew he would be home extra late last night, so i didn't wait up for him. but then i woke up at 3:45 and couldn't remember hearing him come in. i couldn't get back to sleep until i knew if he was here or not, so i went to investigate. my first clue was that the toilet seat was still down. then, that his car wasn't out front where it usually is. so i checked his room. not there. enter panic: "aaahhh! my little brother is out there smeared on the highway somewhere and i've just been sleeping away without a care in the world!" (well, i wasn't really panicked, just a little worried). so i called him, found out he was ok, and went back to bed. and couldn't get back to sleep. which is why i'm blogging at 4:15 AM. *sigh* i love you Jesse.

3 comments:

  1. Awww, I get worried sick like that about my twin Amy. You just think of things that are very unlikely to happen, will happen to her/him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something similar happened recently over here too. Apparently, Noah's work couldn't find him, so they called our house. I answered and they asked if Noah was there or not. I said no, they hung up, and I freaked out. Plus, Noah can't have his phone while he works, so when I texted him, he didn't answer. It was half an hour after he was supposed to start working, so I just knew he had a wreck somewhere and was almost dead. Luckily, he was just hiding in the bathroom playing hookie... Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the post. I'm glad you REALLY understand now :-) But I AM sorry you had to worry. I love you. mom

    ReplyDelete