Thursday, August 18, 2011

August on D Ward

So, I've been meaning to blog for awhile now. I know I'm really behind, and I'm sorry. I just don't know what's happening to August! I keep having to look at my calendar, because I can't believe it's already the 18th! Time seemed to go by really slowly in June and July, but not this month! Maybe because I was sick in bed so much the first few weeks I was here. Also, many of the good friends I've made here on the ship are leaving this month, and we've been frantically trying to pack in all the good times we can before we have to say goodbye.


Work has been a lot of fun lately. For a couple of weeks, our max-fax surgeries slowed way down, and D ward was very quiet. During that time I worked a lot of shifts in the other wards, which was fun but I missed max-fax. Dr. Gary Parker, who does the more complicated max-fax surgeries, got back from vacation a week or 2 ago, so now D ward is up and running again. We've had a lot of cleft lips and palates lately, which means lots of cute kids to cuddle and play with. When there are babies wandering around everywhere on the ward, I get used to just picking them up whenever, patting their heads when they walk by, squeezing their chubby little thighs...I get so used to it, that today when one of the missionary kids walked by me in the dining room I almost reached out and ruffled his hair. I stopped myself in time though. ;-)


I've been overwhelmed whenever I think about blogging, because there are so many stories I'd like to share, and I just haven't had time to write them down. So for now, I'll just stick with pictures.



if cleft palates were purely genetic, wouldn't they both have been born with one? but only one of these twins had to have surgery. interesting...



everyone loves bubbles



when i have babies, i'm going to carry them around like this



baLOON!



out on deck 7



I'll do my best to update again soon. If y'all could continue praying for my neck, I'd appreciate it. Whiplash seems to take a very long time to get over, and I'm still not sleeping well because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment